Maybe OT for this list: Programming languages for Fedora?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Jan 31 20:09:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:57:02PM +0100, David Nielsen wrote:

> If you already know Java, C# is not hard to pick up and more programs are
> starting to leverage the .NET framework in Linux these days. With Fedora
> comes MonoDevelop which is an excellent easy to approach IDE, it supports
> many popular languages but I highly recommend it for working with C#.

I think if someone asks for appropriate programming languages for
helping with Fedora, the last advise he should get is looking at C#,
.NET or Java.  The Fedora (and Unix/Linux world) supports these, but
only languages like C/C++/Python/Perl/shell are (and should) used for
the base environment.

Please do not encourage people to use C# or Java for system-level
programs.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>