Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 03:16:50 UTC 2009

Brennan Ashton wrote:

> You can avoid some of that with LVM.   And while I DO NOT recommend
> it, with some tweaking you could get all of this on one partition, but
> I guess I dont get your point.

Sure you can... theoretically you can get all of them on one physical
partition.

Theoretically you can put swap on a file in the root partition and put
/boot on the /root partition.

That theory doesn't make it a good idea... in fact... you'd have to be a
moron to do such a thing.

> I tend to just ignore my physical partition lay out (various dual boots over time have left it in
> shambles MS will only look in certain places), and just let LVM do its
> magic. With just three partitions I have XP, F8, F9, F10.

Yowza... hope you don't keep any valuable data on those partitions.

Lyos Gemini Norezel