Ekiga dependencies

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sun Jan 4 06:24:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 08:05 +0200, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:

> The only plugin I have installed is refresh-packagekit.  However, I just
> erased Ekiga & the two dependencies, did a yum clean all, and when I
> reinstalled Ekiga, no filelists were pulled, so whatever was happening
> is no longer, so I guess that's a good thing.
>
> For future reference, would it be better (this is my ignorance asking)
> for a dependency to be on a library (x.so.n) or on a package
> name/version combination (x.version)?

Thanks, Conrad & Peter, for replying and explaining to me how it works.
I guess I was still in the mindset that if it's a "file" (i.e., library)
being required, it is less efficient than a package, but I think Jef
already addressed that issue, and you guys covered the aspect that it's
done automatically anyway.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com