Moving xine to Fedora (Was: Re: sound problems)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 6 11:56:34 UTC 2009

On 06.01.2009 12:44, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>> if my memory is not failing, some packages appeared first in ATrpms
>> than if Fedora (livna/rpmfusion): xvidcap, xzgv, xv, etc.
> But that is pretty much irrelevant.

Strong +1

Which reminds me: RPM Fusion (just as ATrpms now and Livna and freshrpms
in the past) ships xine, but that afaics should have been moved to
Fedora ages ago after xine-lib had been imported to Fedora. But the xine
maintainers from Livna/RPM Fusion afaics never found time for that :-/ .
Hence I'm asking here:

Does anybody have a few spare cycles and is willig to submitt xine to
Fedora? Dan Horák recently even offered to do the review (see
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2009-January/003279.html
), as he has a package which depends on it (hence it could go to Fedora
is xine makes it into Fedora).

CU
knurd