sound problems

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 6 12:54:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 04:40:42PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> You could simply run a script
>>
>> Which one? If there are conflicts they are at file level which is
>> (was?) always a problem for the main Fedora repos within themselves,
>> too.
>
> Check a list of package names. That will catch the many obvious
> duplicates in your repo now. It is not that hard to look over the whole
> list manually either. We will worry about filenames later.

I've done that a lot of times and withdrawn a lot, these are not the
package to worry about. And if there is a package in ATrpms that's in
a higher version than in Fedora it will be for a reason, and if not
bugzilla me.

> Otherwise, you are free to import and maintain the packages directly in
> the Fedora repository instead of your own which will work just fine as
> well.

I've done that with several packages. And the result is that it takes
months to even a year to get it through. It is far from "just
fine". Still I'm doing just that at a.

> There are dozens of third party repositories and asking every
> maintainers to cross check the entire list isn't that feasible. When it
> is, I am all for it.

And there are tons of Fedora packages submitted, it isn't feasible for
the dozen repos to check against every package submission in Fedora.

(And actually I would call major repos only a handful, some with
rather well defined niches, e.g. if I want to package a sound
application I will check against planetccrma, if a kde app against KDE
Redhat etc.)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net