sound problems

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 6 13:14:50 UTC 2009

Axel Thimm wrote:
> I don't want to rehash the discussion there, but I'm under the
> impression that you don't know the history of it

Oh I do. That doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. ;-) Nor that it's a good
idea to continue on that path.

> and that you think this is just for personal pride or whatever.

... yet ...

> FWIW rpmfusion is a 3rd party repo, very much like Dag, Dries,
> PlanetCCRMA, CentOS Extras, KB, ATrpms etc. I'm not placing any
> authority hierarchy upon any of these, and I'm expecting similar from
> the other repo maintainers, of course.

Sense the contradiction there? You're expecting the RPM Fusion community
which includes dozens of packagers to treat your 2-person repository as an
equal and you claim it's not personal pride?

See, I maintain a small repository myself
(http://repo.calcforge.org/fedora/ - mainly because those packages haven't
been cleaned up for review in Fedora or RPM Fusion yet), but I would never
expect that repository to be equivalent in importance to RPM Fusion.

        Kevin Kofler