Futuer of grub/grub2 to F11

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 17:40:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 02:54:25AM -0500, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
> Maybe my use case is odd... but my /boot partition is a *MINIMUM* of 5GB
> on all of my computers.

Even on your virtual machines?

The presence of virtualization changes all these assumptions.  I now
WANT my operating system to run in 32 MB of RAM[*] with 128 MB of swap
and a 4 GB disk, because I want to run dozens of copies.

Rich.

[*] Numbers not chosen at random - I have Debian VMs running in 32 MB
of RAM just fine.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)