Non-responsive maintainer process for Damien Durand

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:21:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:29:17 +0530, Rakesh wrote:

> [..]
> >>
> >> I request FISco member attention here.  The non-responsive maintainer
> >> policy was initiated long ago here.
> >
> > It might be that the Wiki explains how to contact FESCo.
> >

> Well this thread already is part of process.
>
> > Meanwhile it would be nice if you reverted the changes in cvs.
> > Some of them are confusing, such as the GPL+ -> GPLv2 change,
> > which is not explained in the spec/changelog, or the duplicate
> > directory inclusion.
> >

> * Sun Jan 11 2009 Rakesh Pandit <rakesh at fedoraproject.org> - 0.8.1-1
> - Updated to 0.8.1, fixed .desktop file and license tag.
> - Fixed Unowned directories.
>
> It is mentioned. I don't see a point in reverting, but feel free to
> revert if you think it is worth.

I won't touch spec files which are overwritten randomly.

The changelog entry is poor, because it's incomplete. It says "fixed
license tag" without giving a rationale. It doesn't explain what was wrong
about the previous license tag. And it doesn't mention what the tag was
changed to. You simply discarded (= overwrote) the old comment that
explained the previous license tag.

According to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses
the previous tag was correct.

> %dir %{_datadir}/%{name}