Nokia to License Qt Under LGPL

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 17:12:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:05:54AM -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009 08:58:58 am Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> > > How is that a problem w.r.t. to it being packaged for mingw, though?
> >
> > the build system used by qt (windows version) is not compatible with linux
> >
> > it compile fine under windows, but doesn't work under linux.
>
> Ah, interesting. I wonder why the linux version doesn't work with mingw.

Likely because the Linux version of Qt makes POSIX & X11 calls which
don't exist under Windows.  So we need to start with the Windows
version of Qt which uses the Win32 APIs, but that will have a build
system that is only applicable to Windows.

Actually the above is mostly speculation, but is typically the case
for such things, and is the reason why cross-compiling is a non-
trivial exercise.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/