[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 13:23:48 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

> I'm done arguing with you. Either comment on the process before the vote
> on Monday or forever hold your peace.

Which process are you referring to now? I have commented on the spins
process extensively in here (I originally outlined a proposal on board's
request as the person having creating the first official spins) and
elsewhere as well before but it appears you have already made up your
mind in FUDCon and don't want any input.

As far as I am concerned, spin = feature worked just fine before FESCo
decided to vote against that, leaving it in limbo.  For Fedora 9 and
Fedora 10, there has been a lot of confusion over what should be done.

For Fedora 10, I went to rel-eng just so that some decisions can be
made. For Fedora 11, the process outlined doesn't have enough details
(just as an example: what should a report contain? how often would there
be a spin sig meeting. Can I vote for my own spins as a spin sig member?
Is everyone who signs up as a spin sig member by merely editing the wiki
get to vote?). The process has now been made more cumbersome by
mandating by weekly composes and reports (who decided on that?). Instead
of helping spin maintainers, this process seems to be making it more
difficult. It is too soon to be voting on this and time isn't suitable
for me to attend. Let's discuss it first on mailing list.

Rahul