[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 17:56:53 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 20:48 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> The problem is not me or others being in FUDCon or not but decisions
>> being made there which will always exclude people. Ours a global
>> community and the ability to attend conferences in a particular place
>> anywhere in the world is limited. You said you will do it again which
>> seemed to be that you didn't understand the issue. It is nothing
>> personal.
>
> Sounds like you'd rather FUDCons never happened at all.

No. I travelled over 20 hours of flight to attend it twice. So I
certainly understand the value of it. You got to read what I said before
assuming anything of that sort.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg00789.html

"Such decisions shouldn't be taken at FUDCon because it automatically
excludes people who cannot be present at the event. You should use the
events only to discuss the issues and make the decisions over mailing
lists or irc where others can participate as well. "

  However
> I'm not about to force the entire Fedora project slow to a crawl just so
> that every thought, comment, discussion, fart, whatever happens via a
> public email.  That's just ridiculous.

Yes. it is but just made up a completely fictitious situation just to
demolish it. I know that form of argument. It even has a catchy name but
I forget it now.  Just read the mail I replied to and what I said was
much more reasonable than what you are making it out to be.

Rahul