[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 18:57:53 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 23:26 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> "Such decisions shouldn't be taken at FUDCon because it automatically
>> excludes people who cannot be present at the event. You should use the
>> events only to discuss the issues and make the decisions over mailing
>> lists or irc where others can participate as well. "
>
> I see you're still completely ignoring the fact that what came out of
> FUDCon was a /proposal/, and not a decision.

There is nothing in the original mail that calls for a meeting indicate
anything about a proposal. It just declares that the spin sig is going
have to bi weekly meetings (where was that discussed before?) and says
we have come up with a spin process.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg00695.html

Nothing in the wiki either says draft or proposal or anything like that.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-January/msg00768.html

makes it sound like a final decision as well.

If this is really just a proposal, give it more than 3 days instead of
voting in such a hurried manner after announcing a spin sig meeting out
of the blue with no prior discussions of time or date or interval. There
are lot of basic details we need to discuss about this and we need to
discuss it on list before moving to a IRC meeting and voting about it.
Please give it more time and do it right.

Rahul