Trying to debug nfs install issue, increase verbosity of nfs server?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Jan 17 20:29:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 12:23 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've got an F10 box acting as the NFS server, and I'm getting failures
> cannot mount the directory, even though I can from another host, so I
> have to think that something weird is going on server side.  Does
> anybody know of a way to increase the verbosity of the nfs server
> daemons so that I can see what it is getting from the client?

Never mind.  Turns out that the client couldn't be looked up via it's IP
address, so mount said no (even though it was a warning in the log, not
an error).  Anybody know how to instruct nfs to not care about this?  I
didn't see anything in a quick scan of the exports man page.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)