pam_console

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:36:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Examples are in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor - look at
> 00-thinkfinger.fdi, or 20-acl-management.fdi. It's not necessarily the
> most well documented interface, but it should be stable.

I'm still not sure how I expose my own device authorization policy so
that it appears in the authentication guis.

The real win is being able to write the policy and package it up, so
that its exposed via the gui tools so users don't have to hack hal
policy directly that can use the authentication guis or the polkit-*
cmdline tools to do authorization grants in the scope of the
package-specific policy definition.

-jef