How do I allow automatic non root access to my non standard USB device ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 01:29:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 19:25 -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:

> You could probably just put "chmod -R 777 /dev/ttyUSB*" into /etc/rc.local,

I don't think this works because USB devices get created when the device
gets plugged in.  I think rc.local only runs during boot up.  I think I
need something that works with hal.

I had this set up properly once a couple years ago, but I think the way
this works has changed since then.

The documentation for the device says it needs access to /proc/bus/usb.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks