ibus and F11

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Jan 20 15:30:53 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 20 January 2009 at 01:06, Jens Petersen wrote:
> ----- "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
> > What's the migration path for SCIM users?
>
> Users upgrading from earlier Fedora releases can continue to use scim
> or if they wish they can install ibus themselves and use that.  Scim
> will be continue to be in Fedora for the time being.

But if I install ibus, I'll have to configure it from scratch, right?
There is no settings migration from SCIM, is there?

> > Can I define my own shortcuts for switching IMs, like in SCIM?
>
> Yep, you can in ibus-setup.  Right click on ibus icon and select Preferences.
>
> > Is there an applet for showing currently selected IM, like in SCIM?
>
> Yes, there is.
>

> You can already install and test ibus today if you are running F9, F10,
> or rawhide:
>
> Install your favourite engine with:
>
>  sudo yum install ibus-<engine> ibus-gtk
>
> where <engine> is one of anthy, chewing, hangul, m17n, pinyin,
> table-chinese, etc.  Install ibus-qt if you need support
> for Qt and KDE.

Thanks for the answers, I'll try to test it before beta.

Regards,
R.

PS. Please break your lines around 70th column and please don't Cc: me with
on-list replies.

"Faith manages."