Proxy error upon Red Hat Bugzilla request_new_account

Davide Cescato ceski at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 20 21:59:23 UTC 2009

As my very first contribution to Fedora, I have my first bug report to
file. I am in the process of creating a new Red Hat Bugzilla account for
this purpose, but a proxy error blocks my way.

I applied for a new account at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/createaccount.cgi
then I received the e-mail with subject "Red Hat Bugzilla: confirm
account creation") and followed the link
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/token.cgi?t=xxxxx&a=request_new_account
(token ID replaced by 'xxxxx')

The form on this page asks for "real name", "password", and "confirm
password". If I fill in the form and submit it, after minutes of waiting
I get a "502 Proxy Error" page
(URL:https://bugzilla.redhat.com/token.cgi) with body

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /token.cgi.

If I however submit the form with a very short password, say one
character long, I get a Red Hat Bugzilla web page (URL:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/token.cgi) displaying a "The password must
be at least 3 characters long." error. Thus, it looks like the entity
that verifies the validity of the password is working, whereas the
entity that should actually activate the account is down.

I apologize if I am abusing of the fedora-devel list. I just cannot
think of (and was not able to find) any better place to file a Bugzilla
disfunction without being able to access to Bugzilla itself. After all,
the ability of reporting bugs in one key aspect of Fedora development.