Proxy error upon Red Hat Bugzilla request_new_account

Davide Cescato ceski at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 21 14:04:51 UTC 2009

I experience the same problem both from home and from work (two
different ISPs). In both cases, the browser is configured not to use a
proxy, and furthermore I can access lots of bug web pages hosted on the
same web server (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/) that handles the
request_new_account form. So I would exclude the possibility of a proxy
set up by the ISPs.

The strange thing is that if I pick a password which is too short, or
even if the two passwords do not match, the script token.cgi that
processes the form generates a Bugzilla web page containing a specific
error message, whereas if the form is filled in correctly, that very
same script fails with "502 Proxy Error."

Whatever its source is, the problem does not seem a transient one, since
it is still occurs now as it did about 16 hours ago.

The last sentence in my previous e-mail should have read "After all, the
ability of reporting bugs IS one key aspect of Fedora development."