[QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 22 22:28:41 UTC 2009

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Testers need training guidelines and policies to work by, a proper "work
> flow" and if the responses to every matter are going to be like this one I
> simply cut out the inefficient process.

The "inefficient process" is required to achieve a solution which actually
SATISFIES everybody rather than somebody's arbitrary decision.

> I will write those guidelines policy and provide testers with a decent
> work flow.

With what authority?

> Anyone that opposes anything in that guideline can than pick out
> questionable issues , make them to a topic on this list or ask FESCo to
> address those issue(s) in their meetings.

In fact I ask this to be escalated to FESCo right NOW and to get a clear
statement that you aren't allowed to unilaterally decide on a policy for
the entire project. This is not Guðmundssonix, it's Fedora!

> There will be no time "pressure" matter since the guideline has already
> been written and made

With what authority?

        Kevin Kofler