Root Logins in X...

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Jan 24 04:16:05 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> said:
> The better question is, how do we expect a user of a predominated self
> administered system to recover in the edge cases like this?  The
> current default partitioning layout certainly is not designed to
> prevent this particular edge case from happening.

Well, "user can't log in because /home is full" is being used as a
reason here.  Is that the real situation - if /home is full, can users
really not log in?  If that is the case, that's broke and should be
fixed.  The user should be able to log in and remove files.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>