Draft guidelines for approving provenpackager

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jan 25 17:16:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 04:37 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:

> So is provenpackager going to be reseeded with sponsors only?  If that
> is so, I'll lose my current ability to fix packages as I am not a
> sponsor at this time.  I have particularly focused on fixing broken
> deps in rawhide (my pet peeve, especially close to releases) for the
> last few release cycles and I hope my work has been useful.

The new plan is to re-seed, however once seeded, the criteria I
mentioned will be used by those people to bring more into the group,
people who actually want the elevated access rather than getting it by
happenstance of having a few packages.

This serves another goal, addressing one of the reasons why people
claimed they didn't feel comfortable opening their packages to
provenpackager, the group was too haphazardly created.

As Kevin states, there shouldn't be difficulty in getting yourself back
into proven packager, you have proven yourself.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!