Lack of update information

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 08:28:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A while back, I tried to selectively update some packages and noticed
>> that the update information provided by package maintainers (seen via
>> PackageKit) is sorely lacking.
>>
>> * Update foo to upstream 2.16.2
>[..]
> Btw, how about pulling the data from spec %changelog automatically?

Well in most cases the changelog will just contain the same "update to x.y.z"
For some packages the changes just aren't  worth listing.
For example each iw release only contain minor changes, people that
really care about them know how to look it up.
I could also just add "Small fixes and minor updates from upstream"
but that's the same as "Update to x.y.z".
Copying the upstream changelog, that must people do not understand
does not help either.