Lack of update information

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 08:42:19 UTC 2009

Julian Sikorski wrote:

> While I'm always trying to be precise in my update notes, I only
> maintain a handful of packages. I can understand how putting verbose
> update notes can be a daunting task. Also, what's the problem of going
> to upstream website to check what changed in 2.16.2?

Problem is finding out such information. It isn't easy at all for end
users to do and sometimes doesn't exist in the upstream website. It
would be very useful if package maintainers spend a little bit more time
including more complete descriptions in the updates. Note that, I am
referring here to description that is part of bodhi update and not the
changelog which can be very brief.

Rahul