Lack of update information

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 08:49:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Was very common, which is practically useless since it doesn't refer to
> upstream or downstream bugzillas or feature list or changelog. Would it
> be useful to introduce some guidelines to cover this?

Well, %changelog should be only used for RPM changes, not for upstream
ones. Something else seems abusing %changelog for me.

Anyway most projects are delivering %doc ChangeLog, %doc Changes, %doc
NEWS. Why is PackageKit not able to handle such things and to show that
changelog or these news?

The only thing looking reasonable to me, would be e.g. a a bugzilla number
after the %changelog entry, which refers to that, but on the other hand why
opening a bug report for each package update?

Finally, I don't get your idea to do things twice.

Instead of that, I really would like to see PackageKit reading Bodhi texts
and not only the bug report numbers. I'm always using the text, I can enter
in Bodhi for upstream and downstream changes. But they're only going to the
mailing lists, not to the PackageKit user - and that's wrong and has to be
changed ASAP. Maybe we can make a guideline for this to cover it...

Greetings,
  Robert