Lack of update information

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 12:12:23 UTC 2009

> Also, if the maintainer knows where the information about the update is
> it could be nice to have it in bodhi, but not mandatory. Something like
>
>  See some.site.org/release_notes.html for the changes.
>
> or
>  See /usr/share/doc/foo-1.0/NEWS for the changes.

The first one is nice, but the second one causes a problem: how can
you review the changes _before_ updating if the file listing changes
is inside the updated package ?

You could of course yumdownload the package and install it in some
safe root where you would check the file, but we're talking about
reviewing changes in Bohdi / PackageKit, which means avoiding these
kind of acrobatics.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador