Lack of update information

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 17:43:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 10:16 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>  Those who do not have the bandwidth to pull Fedora updates shouldn't be
> running Fedora. There are plenty of distros with few updates which would be
> a lot more suitable for people with slow Internet connections.
>
> IMHO we should add "broadband Internet connection" to Fedora's system
> requirements and list it prominently on the download page.

That's the kind of elitist crap attitude I hate to see in Fedora.

I agree that broadband should be a requirement for using /rawhide/ where
the churn is expected to be great, however I refuse to agree that we
should treat our /stable/ releases in the same way.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!