Lack of update information

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 27 21:10:39 UTC 2009

Chris Weyl wrote:

> Of course we're here to meet users needs, but WE are those users as
> well... and we're putting ourselves in a bad spot when we forget that.

We are largely meeting needs other than ourselves though. Volunteer or
not has nothing to do with it.

> I'm not sure what this "if you don't even want to try" bit is about,
> since this isn't about me, it's about imposing another manual task on
> our maintainers.

> I do read the guidelines, and while there are MANY of them, they tend
> to make sense, and where I don't think they do, I still respect them.

No. Don't do that. If you don't think anything doesn't make sense, ask
questions. We don't need to blindly respect anything.

> I don't think you're "merely documenting them" here, however; this is
> _clearly_ a new task being discussed.

I don't think so. Bodhi description fields have been considered
mandatory and filling them has always been a manual task. People just
assumed, everyone would know what to fill it with. That hasn't worked
out very well for us and has been a common question as well in
#fedora-devel. By documenting them, we get that knowledge more easily
preserved.

Rahul