Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:45:19 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 29.01.2009, 14:15 +0100 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot:

> The most important reason for the existence of a a review ticket is to
> make sure someone in a trusted group did review a package. If there is
> any doubt about the quality of one review the checks should start from
> the package that was effectively imported in rawhide, ***NOT*** what
> the reviewer declared checking in the review ticket.

Just for the record: In a perfect world (TM) the reviewer imports
exactly the package that was approved. That's why I also post the
package's md5 in every review.
If there are things that need to be fixed after the review, this should
happen after import, because then everybody can track the changes on the
commits list.

> In case of doubt the information in the review ticket is just as
> likely to be flawed as the package itself, and in the end the package
> we ship is the only thing that really matters.

That's a reason for not allowing people to fix anything between approval
and import. Allowing this should be an exception but no the rule.

> Long check-list cut and pastes where some tests are erroneously pasted
> from another review with this other review value are not unknown of.

Who does that? Most reviewers have their private templates or the public
one (yes, there is one, although it's a draft).

Regards,
Christoph