Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 20:21:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> You need to have a valid justification for restricting access to your
> packages.

When answering an e-mail a few minutes ago, I was thinking, why we don't
kill restrictions at all - but then without any exceptions. That would make
Package and Merge Reviews completely unnecessary. Every packager can import
what is liked and if the change/package/... doesn't work afterwards, we've
a VCS and can undo it. So why then spending times and ressources on Reviews
as we currently do?

Another scheme, which we didn't brought up until now is the same as our
friends from kernel.org do: Let's approve every commit by multiple people
also known as packagers - without any exception. Single user commits then
should not be possible.

I know, that this won't be taken serious, but it's a serious thought on my
side. No need to fuss around with provenpackager guidelines, package and
merge reviews and AWOL maintainers.

Greetings,
  Robert