Reminder: Do not use trademarks in Summary or Description

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 21:26:17 UTC 2009

Please, if you're a packager, take a moment and go read this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Trademarks_in_Summary_or_Description

After talking with Red Hat Legal about how we should be handling
trademarks in package summaries and descriptions, we came to the
conclusion that it would be far easier (and less risky for Red Hat) if
we did not use "(TM)" or "(R)" notations at all. This does not mean that
you can use trademarks freely, you still need to be careful in how you
use them. When in doubt, try not to use it. If you have questions, you
can either email me or fedora-legal at redhat.com.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Callaway, Fedora Legal