look at this: samsung nc10 bootchart with mobil V2

Brian Maly bmaly at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 04:18:55 UTC 2009

Simo Sorce wrote:

>>> (1) its UEFI
>>>
>> 1) I've *NEVER* seen an EFI BIOS that wasn't abysmally slow

You have now. FastBoot is a UEFI optimization (optimization of boot
flow) for sub 2-second boot time. It achieves the same thing as
LinuxBIOS in this respect. LinuxBIOS which also boots in 2-3 seconds
with kernel on flash chip. LinuxBIOS only initializes the services
needed for the kernel to boot. Intel FastBoot does the same because it
only initializes BIOS modules that are dependent the kernel being
booted. UEFI and LinuxBIOS are very similar in many respects.

Brian