look at this: samsung nc10 bootchart with mobil V2

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 18:05:17 UTC 2009

Brian Maly (bmaly at redhat.com) said:
> All UEFI systems Ive worked with boot incredibly fast.

You're lucky, is all I can say. All the one's I've tried (from old Itaniums,
which are close enough, and new servers, which are UEFI) are very slow.

> And further the
> Intel Moblin V2 Core's feature Fastboot on top of being UEFI (read the
> specs on this hardware).

That might make sense, if Moblin V2 Core was a hardware spec. It's not:

http://moblin.org/community/blogs/tshureih/2009/announcing-moblin-v2-core-alpha-release

Furthermore, those were stock non-EFI hardware platforms in the demo.
Unless you're saying that the Moblin ISO silently replaces your BIOS
with UEFI. Which would be entertaining.

Bill