Moblin 2 and Fedora

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Sat Jan 31 19:06:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:57:42 +0100
Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I noticed Intel has announced [1] the first alpha of Moblin 2 which
> >> from memory and by the look of it is based on Fedora [2].

Various parts from Moblin 2 come from Fedora. Other parts come from
OpenSUSE, and about half is packaged newly based on upstream releases.
(although some descriptions are borrowed from various sources)

> > Yes but Intel doesn't seem interested in pushing any changes back
> > to Fedora.

If there was a "based on" relationship we would. But it's not nearly so
simple.

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org