Mass-Package Orphanage

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 3 16:52:03 UTC 2009

NDN> I'm wondering if it is possible to be a co-maintainer with
NDN> someone willing?

In general, all you need is a sponsor.  The usual route to that is via
the submission of new packages, but it's not the only way.  I happen
to be a sponsor, so that's not an issue.

What is an issue is that fact that the horde suite is somewhat
delicate and security sensitive, and not really the best set of
packages for a first-time packager.  This is somewhat offset by the
fact that the packages already exist and just need maintenance.

I think that if you're interested, you should start by requesting
watchcommits and watchbugzilla on at least the Fedora branches of
those packages.  (I have no desire to maintain the EPEL5 branch, so
someone else needs to step in to take care of that one.)  The URLs
are:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/horde
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/imp
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/ingo
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/jeta
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/kronolith
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/turba

Later we can progress to sponsorship and commit access.

I still hope we can find at least one other person to assist in
maintaining these packages.  Otherwise I fear I will just end up
orphaning them again.

 - J<