Time for 2.6.30 in F-11?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 13:50:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

> The fact is that F11 shipped with broken Xv support for old Intel
> chips such as the i855 among other deficiencies. The problem can
> mainly be attributed to the outdated xorg-drv-x11-intel-2.7.0 that
> came with F11.
The version in F11 isn't really 2.7, its heavily patched as is the kernel part.
In fact the RedHat guys fixed tons of bugs themself, because intel
seemed unable to e.g. provide mouse-pointer support for i865 when UXA
is used, or to find the cause of sporadic pixmap corruptions. All this
was done by RedHat.

> A newer version (2.8.0) for that driver exists but also
> depends on an updated user-space libdrm and kernel DRM for Intel h/w
> hence the request. xorg-drv-x11-intel should be really updated ASAP.
As far as I know 2.8.0 hasn't been officially released.
I could imaginge they hestitate to replace the patched 2.6.29, until
2.8.0 is released and declared as stable.

- Clemens