http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:06:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra<rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 11:07:52AM +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> > The promise makes quite sure to tell you you have no right[1], but you can
>> > infringe that they won't sue *you*[2].
>> >
>> > [1] => means you can't do it with GPL
>>
>> It explicitly grant this right.
>
> What you're explicitly told s that you won't be sued if you do so without the right.
>
> And you have no right!

If I told you "you can do whatever you want with this and I won't sue
you" or "you have the right to implement this"

Where exactly is the difference?

I can redistribute the implementation as I wish because nobody will
sue me if I do so .. which means that I HAVE the right to do so.

> Further down (in the FAQ, outside the promise) you're told you need to get a
> RAND or RAND-Z license to have the rights.

Source?

> You don't need a lawyer to distinguish between
>  a) having a right
> or
>  b) not being sued if you infringe

So what? "not being sued" is the key here... (does not matter how they
phrase it, see above)

You try to find holes, without backing it up with any citation so sure
you need a lawyer to clarification this.