Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Jul 14 14:09:09 UTC 2009

Colin Walters wrote:
> Another thing to keep in mind that immediately post-installation there
> are going to be updates, which will at a minimum need desktop reset
> (fast reboot experience), or more likely system restart.

I don't exactly get this.  I might understand some negligible things.
But historically I've often done

-normal install, reboot

-booted, logged in using everying, then a massive yum update, then I'd
wait till it was absolutely convenient to logout of the desktop or reboot

In fact, when I felt I needed to do it before my convenience, I
generally regarded it as a pretty horrible bug.

peace...

-dmc