NPAPI plug-in dependencies

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue Jul 21 22:43:47 UTC 2009

On 7/21/09 1:35 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 12:06 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 20:11 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Orphan: pcmanx-gtk2
>>>      gnash-plugin requires /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>>>      gnome-chemistry-utils-mozplugin requires /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>>>      java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin requires /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>>>      mozilla-opensc-signer requires /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>>>      swfdec-mozilla requires /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>> Umm.... What???
>>
>> Sigh.  pcmanx-gtk2.spec includes:
>>
>>          # We need to own this dir, because we don't want to Requires: firefox
>>          %{_libdir}/mozilla/plugins/
>>
>> I think not.
>>
>> The package already "Requires: xulrunner"; which requires
>> mozilla-filesystem, which is what owns %{_libdir}/mozilla/plugins.
>
> Yeah, that predates mozilla-filesystem. pcmanx-gtk2 is safe to die if no
> one wants it (although, having a telnet client plugin for firefox is
> somewhat cool).

This does actually bring up a more general issue.

webkitgtk doesn't depend on mozilla-filesystem; should it?

NPAPI plug-ins ought to have a dependency that can be satisfied by any
NPAPI container.  Does Fedora need to define such a thing?

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>