[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Jul 30 23:28:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30.07.09 19:06, Jeff Garzik (jgarzik at pobox.com) wrote:

> Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> Doing digital grabbing of is very reliable these days. The analog path
>> is just completely obsolete.
>
> I guess it's an open question why HDA touts multi-analog and hw mixing
> as modern features, then :)

Oh does it? How about adding some references to this claim? Might be
actually convincing then.

At least I couldn't find anything googling for 'HDA hardware-mixing'.

Nor could I find anything googling for 'HDA multi-analog'.

Please check your dictionary and look up "to tout". There you'll find
that it means "to solicit, peddle, or persuade importunately". It's
not particularly "importunate" if google can show no trace of it, is it?

And also, please paste a dump of "amixer -c0" for your HDA card so
that we can see that it includes a "CD" control. And the contents of
/proc/asound/pcm would be cool, too, so that we can see your HDA card
does hw mixing.

If you cannot produce anything of that I'd recommend a good ol' cup of
STFU.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net