an update to automake-1.11?

Ondřej Vašík ovasik at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 12:36:52 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Ondřej Vašík wrote:
> > Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> >> Is there a bug report with details of this gnulib/coreutils request?
> >
> > Not really, it was just direct irl/irc/mail communication with
> > automake/autoconf fedora maintainers&comaintainers. First request was
> > only about 1.10b in rawhide (after f-12 split) - as I needed at least
> > 1.10b to build coreutils-7.4 there (otherwise only with an ugly hack).
>
> And? This should not be a problem to you.

This is not problem for me on my machine - I had 1.10a/1.10b/1.11
already on my machine for quite a long time those days - but to build
them in koji it required hacky solution (e.g. temporarily
reverting/disabling things which do need automake 1.10a+ or some even
more ugly things). I was talking about first request - just to add 1.10b
to rawhide, initiative for updating F-10/F-11 to F-11 came later from
Jim Meyering side. Anyway - I like F-11 update of autotools, F-10 update
is still ok for me, but imho F-9 update should not make it to stable.

Greetings,
         Ondřej