rawhide report: 20090702 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jul 2 15:07:39 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Yes and this is not even the first time. Dive Into Python has been in
> the repo for ages already.

That doesn't mean it's compliant with our guidelines on shipping content. I
really don't see what benefit it gives us to have a package dumping some
book into /usr/share. Can't it be given as a regular download on a website?
Possibly even the Fedora wiki. But packages sound to me like a completely
overkill format to distribute PDF books.

It's also a hard decision where to draw the line: will you accept a PDF of
Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days (which is in the public domain)
as well? What exact criteria make Dive into Python OK and Around the World
in 80 Days not?

        Kevin Kofler