FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:54:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Bill Nottingham<notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Glen Turner (gdt at gdt.id.au) said:
>>> That's a really crappy place for that message, though. What's the user
>>> supposed to do there... reboot and then go download another 700MB - 4GB?
>>
>> Yes it's a crappy place. I knew that when I suggested it.  I just couldn't
>> think of a Javascript hack which would cough up the CPU features even when
>> running under a 32b OS like Windows Xp.  Suggestions welcomed.
>
> Dual-arch media. (Which is a pain, and will run into space issues sooner
> or later.)

I don't see this as an issue for live media (if it is possible to do here).

We have 700MB x 2 = 1400MB out of 4GB which we can ship on a DVD.

We can provide an extra link "download CD" if someone really still has
no dvd burner / drive in 2009.

This also would allow us to add software like openoffice to the live
media (which is ommited for space reasons because we insist on the
pointless cd limit).