an update to automake-1.11?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 22:47:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> [cut]
> Patching the configure
> script is much safer than patching configure.ac, then have autoconf grok all
> .m4 macros and rebuild the whole thing, likely ending up with a completely
> different beast, that not only includes your changes but who knows what
> else.

What else? You and some other people are defending this from the
beginning of this thread but no one explained what else might change.
If I patch configure.ac and Makefile.am, then run autotools and build
the RPM package that way, what else might go in unnoticed?

Please back up your claims. I do not have much knowledge to make
claims in either direction but I am willing to learn.

Orcan