[RFE] Auto-approve watchcommits and watchbugzilla in Pkgdb

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 18:27:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 02:14:27PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> writes:
> > Why we should approve manually requests to watching bugzilla and cvs
> > changes for packages? I'm sure we need to change policy in order to
> > automatically approve all such requests.
>
> Isn't there a security issue there?  I'm not sure I want any random
> person watching every bz or commit I make.

Anyone with a BZ account can already watch every BZ you have

  Preferences -> Email Preferences -> Add users to my watch list

pkgdb just makes it more fine grained, so you can watch individual
components instead of having to find the owner and watch everything
they own

NB, the email watches don't allow them to snoop on bugs with restricted
group visibility, so they shouldn't be able to see bugs restrict to the
'Security Sensitive Bug' group IIUC.

Regards,
Daniel