[RFE] Auto-approve watchcommits and watchbugzilla in Pkgdb

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Jul 6 18:28:56 UTC 2009

Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> writes:
>> Why we should approve manually requests to watching bugzilla and
>> cvs changes for packages? I'm sure we need to change policy in
>> order to automatically approve all such requests.
>
> Isn't there a security issue there?  I'm not sure I want any random
> person watching every bz or commit I make.

I _think_ watchbugzilla could have security risks, as anyone with that
privilege would see potentially security-sensitive bugs.

I'm not sure I see what issue there would be with watchcommits.
Anyone random person can watch every commit you make right now, they
just have to subscribe to fedora-extras-commits and filter things on
your name.  Generally, I think more people watching every one else's
commits makes for better security.

Of course, I could be missing something that watchcommits grants which
could be a real security risk.  And I'm happy to be enlightened in
that case.

Ever notice that even the busiest people are never too busy to tell
you just how busy they are?