RFC: cronKit

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 20:17:08 UTC 2009

On 07/06/2009 04:05 PM, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Am Montag, den 06.07.2009, 16:02 -0400 schrieb Casey Dahlin:
>> On 07/06/2009 03:58 PM, Christoph Höger wrote:
>>> What I forgot to mention: Obviously it is not enough to know that there
>>> is a gnome session running. My programs should inherit the environment.
>>>
>> I'll point out that upstart will do all this to some point, but I don't expect you to wait around for us :)
>>
>> --CJD
>>

> Could it handle jobs as gnome child processes? Or would upstart solve
> that issue differently?

Once all the bits are in place Upstart will likely offer a completely different way to manage user sessions. It may offer us the chance to do away with gnome-session altogether, in favor of something more abstract (i.e. an object within upstart tracking session processes, which are all children of init).

--CJD