rawhide report: 20090702 changes

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 6 23:03:20 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 12:43 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> I'm not sure how distributable the KJV is or isnt'
>
> It's been out of copyright for some little time, now. Probably.(*)
>
> * Of course, one could potentially make some quite interesting legal
> arguments about the author credit, and whether said author counts as
> 'living' within the terms of copyright laws that grant copyright during
> the lifetime of the author...

I think it's safe to assume that the Author grants permission to
redistribute ;-). (In fact, I'm pretty sure I could make an argument
that that's explicitly granted...)

Permission to modify, on the other hand...

(To be clear, I'm just trying to amuse folks, not argue that KJV should
be included in Fedora. At the least, I /would/ argue that we'd have to
allow other religious texts if we allow any, but I generally agree it's
better not to start down that slope.)

--
Matthew
It is training and experience that gives us the ability to abstract