an update to automake-1.11?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 7 15:43:04 UTC 2009

Braden McDaniel wrote:
> Breaking compatibility with previous versions of automake, autoconf, or
> libtool has no impact on released tarballs made using those tools; they
> continue to work as intended because they do not depend on the presence
> of these tools.

...but they depend on a slew of *other* things, like a POSIX shell and
many POSIX tools. And IIRC I've run into problems when those weren't the
/GNU/ versions thereof.

There's a lot to be said for /one/ tool that - while, granted, it needs
to be installed - not only allows you to build, but also do full
development without having to hunt down some precise version thereof,
have several versions installed at once, etc.

--
Matthew
You're on your own for the pony. -- Richard Hughes, on feature requests