Possible packages...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jul 9 21:02:45 UTC 2009

On 07/09/2009 02:31 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 06 July 2009 10:49:31 Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>>> On Jul 5, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> ..
>>> Well their python run script checks for its dependancies, and if not
>>> met will do a svn checkout of the right copy, however, they don't keep
>>> copies of the libraries within their own repository. So if you fulfill
>>> all its dependancies that shouldn't be an issue.
>> Ah, ok - maybe that was it.
>
> Currently, it looks like it still requires its own builds of a few
> things.
>
> Stuff (apparently) not in Fedora:
> -pydirector

Yeah I don't think this is in fedora

> -PyKerberos (might just be named something slightly different)

I thought this was I could be wrong though.

> Stuff in Fedora, but simply not used for whatever reason:
> -vobject (we have python-vobject)
> -pyflakes

I thought they were used if found... I'd have to look at the run file to
see if they ignore the system versions..

> Stuff in Fedora, but still heavily patched for CalendarServer:
> -Twisted (the web2 portion, specifically)
> -xattr ("requires Bob Ippolito's implementation")

I've got it using the fedora version of xattr I think, and didn't notice
the patches to Twisted...

> That said, I have it up and running on an F11 host at home right now,
> satisfying everything else w/Fedora packages.

Yeah same here.