Against what do I file this bug?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 14 23:24:10 UTC 2009

S.A. Hartsuiker wrote:
> Now for my problem. Although Anaconda installed grub in the bootsector
> of the fakeraid mirrored device, I never actually get to a grub prompt,
> it just loads the kernel.

Um... do you mean that grub loads the latest kernel without pausing to
ask if that's what you want? Because as I understand that is intended
behavior with F11 (with F10 already, I want to say). Hold some key
during boot to get the grub menu (ctrl works well, being unused by most
BIOS's).

> Presumably due to the possibility that grub can't find the /boot
> partition.

This makes no sense. If grub was failing to find /boot, you would get a
grub error, since there would be nothing for it to boot (nor would it
find grub.conf, I think). IOW, you would get slightly farther than the
BIOS failing to find a MBR, but certainly no maintenance mode (which
implies a roughly-functional kernel and initrd).

> However during the mounting stage of the boot process the /boot
> partition can also not be found and I am dropped into maintance mode.

This sounds like an initrd problem to me, but I am no expert.

--
Matthew
<insert bad pun... on second thought, better not>